A pillow that consists of many textures and activities to build fine motor skills, develop imagination and provide a range of visual, tactile, and auditory sensory experiences for children. It includes a lot of activities that are specially designed according to the needs of the user, the age, and the level of the children. It is used in nurseries, kindergartens, rehabilitation centers, and homes.
The pillow is placed in the child’s lap for a quiet activity that keeps his or her hands occupied. Children move their fingers and hands over them, press on them, or are busy solving existing activities to help them strengthen the delicate muscles and work to calm them. It is designed to provide sensory input in several ways, and they can also hug the pillow and enjoy relaxation through its vibration feature.
Uses and benefits of the Sensory Pillows
- It soothes children by engaging them in activities on the pillow surface.
- It is an easy and convenient way to provide a variety of sensory inputs to children.
- Providing children with important skills such as tying shoes, netting buttons, and others.
- Providing a range of sensory, visual, tactile, and audible experiences that help stimulate the senses in children.
- Providing exercises for hands and fingers, which helps improve blood circulation in the extremities.
- Develops thinking, memory and increases concentration.
- Helps children distinguish different colors and textures.
- Helps to create harmony for hand and eye movement.
- The vibration function of the pillow helps children relax and improve their grasping skills.